I WANTED US TO PLAY AGAINST ARSENAL...

"I wanted us to play against Arsenal..."

I used to love football, but that was when Austin J. J. Okocha was in Bolton. "Bolton Wanderers" was the answer I always gave to those who asked which club I supported. 

"Anslem, are you okay?". Absolutely, don't even bother to ask again. But wait, before you unfriend me out of anger, I have something to say. 

It's not like I was okay with the fact that they were losers, but I liked the feeling I got whenever Okocha was playing a match with them. It was a feeling of hope. 

That feeling of hope continued until it was time to face WESTHAM UNITED. I remember watching that match through a neighbour's window. You know how it was to pay for sport channels on DSTV back then nau. 

But where or how I watched the match didn't even matter, because we won. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. Okocha scored the team's goal of the season, and he was the key player of the match. 

That's how life is; people may call you a loser, only because they don't believe your gifts, talents, or potentials will take you anywhere. But guess what? Okocha was a gift to Bolton, and he took them somewhere. 

Don't worry about how many times they've called you "loser", focus on that one gift you have, and soon, they'd all gather to celebrate your win. You may even look like "nothing" right now, but if you can find your gift then nothing will oppose your lift. 

I was also called a loser. My classmates underrated me and even said I couldn't be compared to them. But thank God for Bolton Wanderers, it's a whole new story today. They may not have been a winning team, but they gave me a winning life. 

Anyway, I'm thinking of going back to watching football. Your recommendations for a club to support will be highly appreciated. 

God bless you, I love you, and try not to support a losing team. 

#EmekaAnslem 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUSINESS BREAKTHROUGH BANQUET @ WINNERS CHAPEL WORLDWIDE...

TIMELY NOTES!