BUT MENTORS ARE EVERYWHERE...

BUT MENTORS ARE EVERYWHERE... 

If you want to go into politics, don't look for the president of the United States to mentor you; look for someone who has crossed the level you're currently in. 

A mentor is a person who has gone at least one level ahead of you in your field. 

Moreover, even if the US president would agree to mentor you, he'd assume that you've been in politics for some time. 

As a writer, I won't run to John Maxwell for mentorship; rather, I'd look for young writers who have gone a little bit farther than I have. 

At John Maxwell's level, he may have forgotten the basic principles required to start; but for a young writer, those principles would still be fresh on him. And relating it would be easy. Trust me, if you miss the basics, you'd live with head aches. 

Dont mistake a role model for a mentor. A role model is someone you aspire to be like; a mentor is a teacher who possesses a quality you desire. 

You may grow beyond your mentors, just like David did. But when this happens, maintain gratitude, aim higher, then look for another mentor. You can never go higher than yourself without a mentor. 

Take caution, never despise your mentors; because even though you may grow to be better than them, you may face God's judgement if you disregard them. Still listen and read from them; give them reports, no matter how well you may have grown. The bible says we should obey them that have rule over us, because they watch over our souls. And the fact that you've grown better won't change that scripture. 

This is why I often admonish my old students to always read my write-ups, no matter how experienced they may have become. Also, from time to time, I check on many of them to see how well they are doing. 

Let me conclude with this; life without a mentor will be flooded with errors. In case you still don't have a mentor, do all you can to identify with one today. May God give us understanding! 

Alright, before you ask, I'm giving an open mentorship invitation. If you think I posses a quality you desire, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'd be glad to be a blessing to you. 

God bless you, I love you, and don't forget to share! 

#EmekaAnslem 
Bringing knowledge to the people 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUSINESS BREAKTHROUGH BANQUET @ WINNERS CHAPEL WORLDWIDE...

TIMELY NOTES!